Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Baby Kale Maitake Mushroom Salad

I tried out Baby Kale for the first time and found that I really enjoy the taste of it!  So for lunch one day I dressed some Baby Kale in a serving of Panera's Balsamic Vinaigrette and topped it with a serving of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (28g) and then topped it with some Sauteed Maitake Mushrooms (about 3oz).  It all tasted really good together the brightness of the balsamic really contrasted nice with the earthy flavors of the baby kale, mozz and maitake mushrooms.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, did I miss what you sauteed the maitakes in? I know that there have been times where Ive used butter/olive oil/garlic/s & p, others when I've sauteed in balsamic reductions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Now I can't remember it was either butter or olive oil!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete